We have completely redesigned the 1940 Ford “chevron” taillight and the result is simply fantastic. Check out these details:
· Die Cast Bezel. As a ’40 owner, you know the current reproduction bezels do not fit your fender at all. To eliminate this problem, we have designed and die cast our own bezel guaranteed to fit your fender like a glove. We have also eliminated the external screw hole for an extra smooth look. To finish it off, we triple chrome plated the bezel. You have to see these unbelievable improvements with your own eyes!
· Extra Bright. We use the latest LED technology giving the brightest light output possible. Our LED array is designed specifically for the ‘40 Ford taillight’s unique shape. Unlike the original, the entire lens is illuminated! While keeping the stock angle of the lens, we positioned the LED so that the light shines toward the car behind you and not at the moon like the original design.
· DOT standards / Safety. Our version of the ‘40 Ford taillight incorporates dual built-in reflectors for visibility when the car is parked. No other design has this important safety feature. Our light also maintains the DOT specified brightness ratio (7:1) between the tail and stop light functions. Safety first!
· New lens design. Our ‘40 Ford taillight lens is all new. We have changed from the original glass to a high impact plastic. New optics allow more light to pass through the lens and are designed specifically for the LED’s light.
· Taillight Housing. Our ’40 housing is all new and is made from a high strength, non-corrosive, plastic. The new housing design positions our LED array at the optimum viewing angle.
· Heat. Our LEDs produce little heat for long life. Expected life is over 100,000 hours of on time.
· Internal Gasket. We threw away the brittle, old cork gasket and redesigned it with modern materials. We die cut our gasket from a pliable, rubber-like material that will outlast cork by years.
· Taillight to body seal. Our body seal is molded in the shape of the ’40 fender not flat. This allows the seal to fit snug against the fender with no unsightly gaps. Also, we have designed the lip of the seal to continuously press against the bezel for an extra tight seal.
· Hardware. Stainless steel installation hardware is included with our ’40 taillight kits.
· Made in the USA. Our ‘40 Ford taillight was designed and is manufactured right here in Indiana.Not Expensive. $114.95 / pair